Earlier this year you helped raise awareness of Motor Neurone Disease (also known as ALS) by sharing your MND High Five.
Today we’re asking you to join in with the latest awareness raiser that started in the USA (yep, it’s the American’s fault!).
Sometimes, to make people aware of something as horrible as MND we need to ‘Do Something’ a bit different.
Just in case you doubt how effective this can be…Justin Timberlake has done it, and President Obama has just been nominated.
Got all that? Okay, here’s what you do.
• Fill the bucket with iced water
• Pour it on your head
• Film this on your smartphone
• Post the video to Facebook / Twitter
• Text to Donate £5 to MND Scotland by sending ICED14 £5 to 70070
• Nominate friends to do it next.
• If they aren’t brave enough, then they can still donate by texting ICED14 £5 to 70070
Make sure you include this all important line when posting on social media:
I nominate XXX to take part in the #IceBucketChallenge in the next 24 hours and text ICED14 £5 to 70070 to donate £5 to MND Scotland.
Remember there’s no obligation to take part – it’s all just a bit of fun whilst raising awareness and funds for MND Scotland.
Thank you for supporting MND Scotland… and good luck!!