For those who feel they need emotional or psychological support MND Scotland offers a professional counselling service to people with Motor Neurone Disease, to those involved in their care, and to their family and friends. There is no charge for this service.
We all cope differently and you may feel all sorts of disturbing emotions since the diagnosis of MND was received. Or you may be aware that you are not your usual self. Stress reactions may come later, in fact at any stage. You might:
- frequently feel tearful
- find it difficult to be around others
- be more short tempered than usual
- have trouble sleeping
- experience painful thoughts
- find yourself over or under eating
- increase your alcohol consumption
Talking to Others
You might be apprehensive about talking to others about how you feel:
- Will they understand?
- Are you afraid you’ll be a burden?
- Do you feel confused or frightened?
Counselling can offer a private and confidential space to express your feelings.
Find out more on 0141 332 3903
If you need help urgently you can call the Samariatans on 08457 90 90 90
For further information please contact:
6 Eagle Street
Tel. 0141 332 3903