Carers look after family, partners or friends in need of help because they are ill, frail or have a disability like motor neurone disease. There are many organisations that may be helpful to give relevant advice to make life easier.
Carers Organisations across Scotland include:
- Carers Scotland
- Coalition of Carers in Scotland
- Carers Trust
- Crossroads Caring Scotland
- Shared Care Scotland
- Royal Voluntary Service (formerly WRVS)
- ALISS (Access to Local Information to Support Self-Management)
- Scottish Independent Advocacy Services
- Disability Information Scotland (formerly known as Update Scotland)
- Care Information Scotland
- Carers Link (East Dunbartonshire)
- Grampian CareData
- South Lanarkshire Carers Network Limited
- Vocal (Voice of Carers Across Lothian).
- Wee Break Midlothian
MND Scotland also has a network of Support Groups around Scotland that may be helpful too.