The Edinburgh Marathon Festival (EMF) will take place in 2021 as a virtual challenge!
Whether you take on a full marathon, half marathon, 10k, or get the kids involved with the Kids Kilo, there's a distance that will allow you to challenge yourself in 2021.
The virtual challenge is a great way to help you focus on training towards your personal fitness goals, as well as supporting the work of MND Scotland through fundraising. Plus, once it's all over, you'll receive your EMF finisher's t-shirt and medal!
How does it work?
- Sign up for free if you run for MND Scotland (minimum sponsorship applies)
- Multiple distances to choose from
- Complete your challenge anytime 29-30th May
- Your challenge, your rules – complete your challenge in one day or over multiple days!
If the dates don't suit you then you can choose your own date. You have until the 31st December to complete your challenge. Entries will remain open until the 31st December.
In exchange for a free charity place we ask that all MND Scotland runners raise a minimum sponsorship to help support the work of the charity:
Full Marathon – £100
Half Marathon - £85
Team Relay - £250 per team
10k – £60
5k - £45
Upon completion of the Edinburgh Marathon Festival Virtual Challenge you will receive:
- Wicking finisher’s t-shirt
- Finisher medal & keyring charm
- Finisher presentation pack
- Personalised finisher certificate
- Downloadable training plans
- Personalised Event Number posted to you
- Personalised Event Information Pack, to help you prepare for your challenge
- Downloadable audio countdown to kick start your challenge in style!
- Added to EMF 2021 Virtual Challenge finisher listing
Plus every runner for MND Scotland will receive:
- MND Scotland t-shirt or running vest to wear on the day
- Paper sponsorship forms
- Help setting up an online sponsorship page
- Information on MND Scotland and fundraising